About Sameer Wasi
Academic Level: Master’s Degree
Applying practical theories & practices in real time scenarios within content writing, social media marketing, content & digital marketing in a firm where I could gain practical knowledge and experience in a challenging environment to help the company’s growth as well as my own.
Around 7 years of experience in an array of fields, I’m currently in the field of digital content creation in digital marketing and undergoing certification for Adwords from Google’s Learning Garage as well as in Content Strategy online from Northwestern University. I possess exceptional communication skills, have a good track record in business and organizational affairs and take ownership in initiating creative ideas.
Mohammad Ali Jinnah University
Activities and Societies: Former Member of Business Administration Society (B.A.S). Apart from membership of above mentioned society, my achievements as a student are mentioned below: 2nd place in Kasoti, 3rd place in General Knowledge competition, Honorable mentions on cultural day celebrations, Runner up in FIFA \'14 challenge, Cyber Gaming competition, 3rd position in Economics Festival, Honorable mentions at students picnic, Fourth Position in Jokes competition, Helped organize numerous workshops. I studied for my Masters of Business Administration Degree, bi-majored in Marketing and Human Resource Management. CGPA: 3.22 out of 4.00.
University of Karachi
Activities and Societies: Business Administration Student\'s Society (B.A.S.S), K.U.B.S Field Hockey team & K.U.B.S Association Football Team. I was associated with Business Administration Students Society (B.A.S.S) of Karachi University Business School, University of Karachi from February 2009 to April 2011. Due to my good communication skills, I have Hosted and Organized \'Graduada 2011\' held at Marquee Hall, Pearl Continental Hotel, Karachi on April 20th, 2011. My achievements during this time period are mentioned below: Host and Organizer of Graduada 2011, Annual Dinner of Karachi University Business School, University of Karachi held at Pearl Continental Hotel, Karachi on April 20th, 2011. Member of Business Administration Students Society (B.A.S.S), based at Karachi University Business School, University of Karachi. Goalkeeper of the Field Hockey Team & also played as Goalkeeper for the association football team of Karachi University Business School, University of Karachi. CGPA: 2.94 out of 4.00
Army Public School and College, Malir Cantt
Participated in Trials for selection on the Football Team of Army Public College, Malir Cantt. an unfortunate injury to my spine hindered my further participation. Grade: C Percentage: 57.54%
Gulistan Shah Abdul Latif Boy\'s Secondary School
Member of the school futsal team
2018 - 2019
• Writing and posting relevant content as per content calendar and monitoring progress. • Writing content for the company’s website. • Summarizing different books and e-books on an array of topics. Currently working on books related to management. • Provision of support in content scrutiny & correction.
2018 - 2018
ECHO Digital Marketing
• Writing and posting relevant content as per content calendar and monitoring progress. • Formulating, Implementing and Maintaining Content Calendars and Strategy. • Replying to queries across all social media accounts. • Provision of support in content formulation & correction. • Handling complaints & timely maintenance of complaint logs. • Preparation of analytical reports on monthly, bi-monthly and quarterly basis. • Assisting team members in reporting, scheduling, storytelling & other related tasks. • Monitoring specific keywords & terms through social and web listening.
2017 - 2018
• Moderating social media accounts and handles of clientele. • Formulating, Implementing and Maintaining Content Calendars and Strategy. • Storytelling for brands: Promoting brands through digital channels. • Coordinating with Account team in reducing gaps, establish brand and partner presence. • Writing and posting relevant content as per content calendar and monitoring progress. • Replying to queries across all social media accounts. • Applying social media guidelines as per client needs and suggestions. • Escalating user generated content to stakeholders.
2015 - 2019
• Writing content (Blogs, Posts, Articles etc.) as per client instructions. • Research ideas and facts pertinent to the type of content/topic assigned. • Writing, Editing and proofreading materials for client projects. • Storytelling for brands: Promoting brands through ethical means. • Have also worked on blogs of clients and have provided them insights into how to make them better. • Developing engaging content for articles, blogs, stories and social media to entice and engage audiences. • Generating titles for each piece of content keeping appropriateness in check. • Managing Facebook pages of various organizations on a freelance basis. • Generating Social and Digital Media Strategies (Carousels, Videos, Paid Campaigns, Visuals etc.).
2016 - 2016
E-Geeks (Formerly Writer’s Club Ltd.)
• Researching and Writing Academic Reports on a variety of disciplines. • Mastered Harvard, APA, Chicago as well as other styles of citations and report writing • Wrote essays, ad excels, reports and dissertations on management, marketing, strategic marketing, international marketing, international business, human resource management, nursing and fine arts. • Attained proficiency in proper utilization of search engines, online libraries and Google scholar. • Able to handle critical tasks in pressure based deadlines producing desirable results. • Training writers in Microsoft office and other writing aspects.
2015 - 2015
Marcus Evans Pvt. Ltd.
• Maintaining client database and sales pipeline. • Resolving disputes between client & company. • Maintaining Client Portfolio which in turn enhances the company\'s overall portfolio. • Reporting all sales to Team leader and senior manager for further strengthening the deals. • Corporate intelligence: Doing research on firms and their management with respect to intended event.
2011 - 2013
Meezan Bank Ltd.
• Oversaw Customer Dealing, Account Opening, and Customer Correspondence and Term Deposit Certificate issuance at Gulshan-e-Iqbal Branch. • Resolving and reporting compliance issues at Branch level, increasing branch deposit level and enhancing customer portfolio in both asset and deposit backed products. • Providing financial consulting to customers in deciding which product is best suited for them during rotation in the Personal Banking Department. • Issuing VISA Debit cards and delivering them to customers at branch & also ensured quick response & resolution of customer complaints as well monitoring and providing customer feedback to the service quality department. • Had also attended 30 days of classroom training to be acquainted with the basics and advanced tools and methods of Branch banking.
Honors & awards
Letter of Appreciation & Organizer’s Shield for Hosting and Organizing “Graduada” 2011 (Annual Dinner of Karachi University Business School) held on April 20th,2011 at Pearl Continental Hotel, Karachi
Runner up in FIFA 14 competition held as part of Cyber Gaming Competition Fall 2013 held at Mohammad Ali Jinnah University in October 2013.
Received 3rd position in Economics Festival, held in September 2013 at Mohammad Ali Jinnah University. Title of Presentation: Economics and Terrorism